St. Ronan’s Wells is an attractive pavilion situated on the hillside overlooking the Leithen valley. Originally constructed by the Earl of Traquair in the 1820s to provide a comfortable retreat for visitors to the spa, it was largely rebuilt and extended in 1896 to accommodate indoor bathing facilities and a bottling plant. The spa was frequented by Sir Walter Scott as a boy and to this day hundreds of visitors come each year to sample the spring water which is still “on tap” at St. Ronan’s Wells. A browse round the interpretative centre will reveal its long and interesting history in some detail. A well, several underground tanks, an ornamental pond and a herb garden can be seen in the grounds behind the pavilion. Parking, access and facilities for the disabled are provided.